Thread: How does a Post on the Forum Get the Event Listed in What's On?

has made 1 to 10 posts

How does a Post on the Forum Get the Event Listed in What's On?

I have posted an event listing about 2 weeks ago in the Brisbane in March forum but the event still does not appear when you do a search of the What's On in Brisbane for March. How do I get the event listed?

Super Moderator
    Hi,

Your jewellery expo is listed in the events on our March page https://www.bcl.com.au/brisbane/wotson-march.htm
    currently 6th on the list. They are listed in the order of posting (newest to oldest)
    This happens automatically, although there is a delay as the lists are updated hourly.

If you are using Ctrl +F to search the actual web page above, it won't pick the events up because they are included using javascript.

If you want to change the title that appears on the What's On page, log into the forum and go to your post. You'll see an "edit post" link on the bottom right. Clicking on that lets you edit the post. Click on "Go Advanced" and you'll get a similar screen which also allows you to edit the title and prefix of the post. Allow up to an hour for the changes to filter through. Including dates in the title can be useful.

Does that help?

has made 1 to 10 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BCL Editor View Post
    Hi,

Your jewellery expo is listed in the events on our March page https://www.bcl.com.au/brisbane/wotson-march.htm
    currently 6th on the list. They are listed in the order of posting (newest to oldest)
    This happens automatically, although there is a delay as the lists are updated hourly.

If you are using Ctrl +F to search the actual web page above, it won't pick the events up because they are included using javascript.

If you want to change the title that appears on the What's On page, log into the forum and go to your post. You'll see an "edit post" link on the bottom right. Clicking on that lets you edit the post. Click on "Go Advanced" and you'll get a similar screen which also allows you to edit the title and prefix of the post. Allow up to an hour for the changes to filter through. Including dates in the title can be useful.

Does that help?
    Thanks for responding. I expected it to be in the area at the top under the heading (in red) and event are in bold. I have now seen it in the lower section.